The October 2013 issue of LAWPRO Magazine highlights the changes to the LAWPRO insurance policy that will become effective for 2014. Click here for a full description of the changes and how they might impact you.
Here’s a quick summary:
- Base premium for 2014: $3,350 (unchanged since 2011)
- $10,000 increase in deductible applied to certain administrative dismissal claims
- $250,000 sublimit coverage for eligible cybercrime losses
- Coverage for Ontario lawyers also called in Quebec, in support of full mobility
- Paralegal licensees practising in partnership with lawyers must move to LAWPRO insurance