This annual guide is the only one of its kind written to help solo and small firm lawyers find the best technology for their dollar. You’ll find the most current information and recommendations on computers, servers, networking equipment, legal software, printers, security products, smartphones, the iPad, and anything else a law office might need. It’s written in clear, easily understandable language to make implementation easier if you choose to do it yourself, or you can use it in conjunction with your IT consultant. Either way, you’ll learn how to make technology work for you.
- Updated recommendations for hardware and software, including Mac products
- Navigating the minefield of social media
- The authors’ favorite utilities
- The rapidly evolving smartphone market
- Data security–what reasonable measures should you be taking in light of the new ethics rules?
- The Paper LESS office: Kicking the paper habit
- Cloud computing pros and cons
- Where the legal tech world will be in 2014
The practicePRO Lending Library is a free resource for Ontario lawyers of more than 100 books on a wide variety of law practice management related topics. You can see a full listing of our books here. You may borrow a book in person or via e-mail.
The practicePRO Library is located in our office at 250 Yonge Street, Suite 3101 in Toronto and can be visited during our regular business hours (Mon to Fri, 8:30 to 5:00). We invite you to come by anytime (please email in advance)to peruse our selection. All titles in the practicePRO Lending Library can be shipped to Ontario lawyers at our expense, and returned at yours after three weeks.