GTA lawyers take note of New Motion Practice Direction (Toronto)
On November 18, 2013, the Toronto Motions Scheduling Unit circulated an email with details of a new scheduling policy. The contents of that message are as follows:
Please make note of the following important new information for the Motions & Scheduling Unit:
- As of November 18, 2013, any date requisitioned for a motion will be vacated if the notice of motion is not filed with payment for the motion within 10 days after the motion has been scheduled.
- As of November 18, 2013, the motions scheduling office will only permit one consent adjournment and any further adjournment requests must be made to the court.
- As of December 2, 2013, a date for an existing motion that has been scheduled prior to November 18, 2013 will be vacated if the notice of motion is not filed with payment for the motion by January 3, 2014.
- All hearings scheduled with the Motions & Scheduling Unit office must be confirmed by no later than 2:00 p.m. three days prior to the hearing date.
- For more information on civil motion in Toronto and for all of our forms please visit our website at http://www.ontariocourts.ca/scj/civil/legislation-forms/.
Please do not hesitate to call the Motions & Scheduling Unit if you need any further assistance.
Motions & Scheduling Unit
Superior Court of Justice
393 University Ave., 10th floor
Toronto, ON M5G 1E6
Tel: (416) 327-5535
E-mail: [email protected]
LAWPRO encourages lawyers practising in the GTA to take note of these changes and to change their internal ticklers, procedures and systems to deal with these changes.
Leave a Reply